Hebden Bridge Dance Festival news from 1st of October
You can buy Dance Festival tickets
from the Hebden Bridge Town Hall reception Monday to Friday 9-5pm. Please give us the codes of the workshops of your choice from the programme to secure your place.
We received a Small Grant from the Calder Ward Forum Grants Panel!
Special thanks to Jae Cambell, Upper Valley Neighbourhood Co-ordinator, who helped us with the application (see "Supporters" link).
This means a lot to us, having had no funds for this festival.
looks like we have covered most of the 2 hour slots. We still need some back up / stand by volunteers and sort out the internal communications next Sunday. So many details on the to do list... PLEASE join us this Wednesday evening (see below)!
- thanks Gil Burns for the Flash Mob on Sunday! View on our home page & Facebook...
- we have been in the Hebden Bridge Times from 15th of Sept (page 10)
- "Valley Life" Magazine gave us a page free in the October edition: http://valleylife.biz/
- we have an ad in the Hebden Diary October sheet (thanks for the discount!)
- HebWeb published an article: www.hebdenbridge.co.uk/news/2016/228.html
- we have 2 outdoor banners advertising our festival
...we still have a few A3 posters - any offers for display locations?
public meeting Wed 5 Oct 7:30pm: PLEASE do come!
Venue: Nutclough Tavern Studio (left entrance), 6-8 Nutclough (Keighley Road opp. Foster Lane), Hebden Bridge, HX7 8HA
We do like to get dance leaders, volunteer stewards and supporters together to physically generate some "we feeling", a supportive group energy, faces, physical presence (not just an email) - and may be one of you might have THE idea how to solve some questionmarks for Sunday, or do that extra job we forgot about...
Our team (Ralph, Sophia & Terry)
have our lives apart from organising the dance festival, like 8 hours work day, organising our own dance events, having to deal with family abroad... so we do experience feeling overwhelmed and stressed and have too much to do to organise asking for help. We do have our doubts - and sometimes wonder why we started doing all this.
We do appreciate any support and help from you.
- can someone help writing a press realease NOW?
- anyone with a printer available on Saturday 8 Oct?
- any more photos of dancers?
- any help with setting up / editing lists on the computer?
- a better place offer for our 2nd banner?
- a few more things: updates to follow HERE.
regards, keep dancing!